Wanting to make some lifelong memories with your closest gal pals? Why not indulge in a few Winter Festival events that will make your girls getaway that much more memorable!
Here are our top picks for the ladies:
1. Get Classy: Ladies, we bring to you the SKYCITY Ball - Shanghai Nights . The theme this year is Shanghai Nights - get your finest attire ready for a night of music, dance and dining that will transport you to the late night opulence of Shanghai in a bygone era. Tickets include a bubbles on arrival, a delicious oriental inspired three course meal and four bottles of wine (per table) from Central Otago’s Gibbston Valley Wines.
2. Get Wined and Dined: The delightful Gibbson Valley will be showcased at the Gibbston Valley Wine & Cheese event – if you love wine and can’t resist cheese then you won’t want to miss enjoying the flavours of the region through the perfect matching of hand crafted cheeses and fine wine varietals. The Apres Ski Bar & Dining programme offers up something every day, such as the Botswana Butchery Winter Festival Luxury Lunch, The Winter Feast, Taj Indian Winter Meal, Moet Champagne on Ice, or the Eichart's & Gibbston Valley Winter Winemaker Dinner.
3. Get Sporty: Girls can do anything right? Show the boys up by entering a team in the Old Mout Dodgeball Championships. Dress up, kick butt and win some great prizes! Enter your team now! Round up the girls for a spot of Disk Golf, the Macpac Mountain Bikes on Snow or enter in the JUCY Undy 500!
4. Get Creative: Learn all there is to know about becoming a budding social media influencer through the Olympus Queenstown Winter Meet or get that amazing fireworks shot at the Fireworks & Light Painting Photography Workshop hosted by Olympus
5. Get Laughing: What girls’ getaway would be complete without a bout of hysterical laughing? Head along to Comedy Night and get your giggle on.
6. Get Singing and Dancing: Listening to music is a great way to chill out, so cozy up around some heaters, warm yourself with a mulled wine and grab something tasty to eat at the Festival Hub. There is plenty of musical action across the four day at the Queenstown Winter Festival Welcome, Real Journeys Friday Night Party & Fireworks, Saturday Sounds from the Locals and the Auckland Airport Carnival (with Brentwood and The Pheonix Foundation playing!).
Check out more Girls Weekend events below or for all events head here